V.5.5 Classified Scripts Released
WorksForWeb team released a new version of iAuto, iRealty, and iLister classified software products. The newly released version features changed PHP compatibility requirements, added new browsing capabilities, new and improved themes, and other enhancements, fixes and changes.
Below is a more detailed description of the most notable changes:
Introduced Go-to Smarty3 and PHP 5.3
As PHP 5.3 had already become the de-facto standard for hosting environments, WorksForWeb developers responded to this by making v.5.5 fully compatible with this version of PHP, also changing the template engine to Smarty 3.
We are working hard on updating the existing and/or creating new themes in every release. This release is no exception. WorksForWeb developers proudly represent improved themes for and iAuto, and a brand new one for iLister. New designs and certain additional capabilities are very likely to become a pleasant surprise for our new and existing customers.
New Browsing Capability
The new iLister theme has a new type of browsing functionality, akin to the one the popular Craigslist portal is renowned for, amongst other market leaders. The idea of this browsing function is to expand the search from main categories deeper into subcategories on the same front page. Say, if you want to search for listings only in Nebraska, you will see all listing categories with the number of listings in each category in Nebraska only. Craigslist does it by taking you to a separate server, while we do this on the same server.
”Share Your Site” Block
A current update of the “Share Your Site” website promotion block is an obvious tool for your visitors to promote your website. Website owners can choose their block’s appearance at http://www.addthis.com/. Additionally, they can turn on/off this block via the admin panel.
Our developer team added a number of minor enhancements and fixed the known bugs from the previous versions. Check out the online demos of all of our v.5.5 classified software products:
If the version of PHP on your server is below the minimum of 5.3.x as our product needs
The quickest way to resolve this issue is to contact your Hosting Support and request them to upgrade your PHP to 5.3.x. Before doing this, please make sure that other software installed on your hosting account is not going to be affected by the upgrade.
In the event that the upgrade of PHP to version 5.3.x on your server is not an option for any reason, we can also offer you the following alternatives:
- We can make the latest iAuto/iRealty/iLister ver. 5.5 work on your server by modifying the PackageManager.php file. We have tested our software ver. 5.5 with the PHP version below 5.3.x, and our software appears to work fine. However, because your server environment may be different from the one we tested the solution on, the adaptation may not work well. We cannot guarantee that all the advertised features of
iAuto/iRealty/iLister ver. 5.5 will work correctly. This mod we can do at your own risk and following your request, but will obviously back up the original file so that we can roll back the changes if required.
- We can install iAuto/iRealty/iLister ver. 5.4 that still meets your server requirements of PHP 5.2.x. It will work on your server. However, this will mean that you will not get the new functionality offered in v.5.5. Also, if you at any point decide to upgrade to v.5.5, to perform a standard upgrade, you will need to make sure that your website code has not been changed. A default upgrade may erase your custom features. To avoid this, you should request a paid custom upgrade service from us or perform a careful update of every file manually yourself.
Please keep in mind that most of the Hosting Providers will at some point in the future will upgrade their servers to PHP 5.3.x (or you decide to upgrade your server). In this case, you will be required to upgrade the software to v.5.5.
More articles about product release:
- Classified Software V5.4 Release
- Classified Software Version 5.2 Release
- Bike Classified Script and Pet Classified Script
Online demos of WorksForWeb products:
- iLister Script Demo
- iAuto Script Demo
- iRealty Script Demo
- iAuto-Bikes Script Demo
- iLister-Pets Script Demo
- iLister-Machinery Script Demo
Business solutions based on WorksForWeb scripts: